Bespoke self-build timber supplier, Frame Technologies approached Pagoda looking to raise the business profile to self-builders across the UK. The existing PR strategy wasn’t generating the level of interest or enquiries that the MD was hoping for, and he was keen to explore different options.
The objectives were clear: raise the company profile to a targeted consumer audience, increase traffic to the website and ultimately boost enquiries to drive sales.
Our research suggested that while historically the business had focused its efforts on a B2B approach to marketing, it needed a softer, aspirational edge to raise the company profile to a consumer audience, and to cement the reputation of the business as a safe pair of hands. We also recognised that the MD was a major selling point, offering timber expertise and a friendly, personable approach.
We discovered that one of the most popular ways that customers researched potential timber frame suppliers was searching online, yet very little SEO work had been performed for the business. We found the target audience was most active on Facebook and Instagram, yet the previous strategy was focused on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We identified that the best way to reach potential clients was to use a combination of targeted editorial; using the correct platforms and tone on social media; and working to boost SEO.
We used a mix of targeted, technical and aspirational communications to maximise audience reach.
Results over the course of one year included:
- a 55% increase in web users in just one year
- an increase in sales enquiries of 40%
- an increase from 0 to almost 1,000 followers on Facebook. By the end of the year, Facebook was the fourth top referrer to the website
- a coveted Build It award win
- doubling the followers on Instagram
- when asked why they approached Frame Technologies, customer referenced impressive search engine results and the fact that the MD appeared in a number of technical slots within reputable magazines, which gave them the confidence that he was an expert in his field
Our work won Gold in the Consumer Relations Campaign category at the CIPR PRide Awards