Renewables, energy & environment
We have significant experience in communications, community engagement and public affairs in energy and environmental issues. This includes:
- Managing all local and national public affairs, community consultation and media relations for onshore wind developers Carbon Free Developments (CFD). Recently consented projects include wind farms in Highland, Fife and East Renfrewshire. Our activity includes supporting liaison work on community benefit, media relations, and general stakeholder communications.
- Handling all Scottish PR and public affairs for the world's largest energy from waste company, Covanta. We also lead on their community engagement and communications programme in relation to their project in North Lanarkshire.
- Managing high profile launch events and consultation activities for The Crown Estate for offshore wind, and wave and tidal, including advice on stakeholder engagement
- The announcement in December 2010 of Mitsubishi Power Systems Europe's £100m investment in Scottish offshore wind, including the acquisition of Artemis Intelligent Power Ltd and the establishment of an R&D centre of excellence.
- Handling an announcement of £50m venture capital funding for small-scale wind developers e-Gen Ltd, securing coverage in financial and mainstream media, as well as public endorsement from First Minister Alex Salmond.
Other existing and recent clients include SSE, Heriot-Watt University, Enertrag, Scottish Renewables Forum, MeyGen, RES, and Estover Energy.