Robertson to start £19m Cumbria health projects
4 May 2012
Robertson, the infrastructure, support services and construction group, will start work on two major West Cumbria health projects which have now reached financial close.
The two Community Health Centres are together worth £19m and are being delivered through the NHS Express (Local Improvement Finance Trust) LIFT programme.
Robertson will immediately start building the new £12.5m hospital in Cockermouth on land next to the current Cottage Hospital.
It will replace the existing hospital, which is more than 100 years old and was damaged in the floods which devastated the town in November 2009.
Work on the £6.5m health centre on Birks Road in Cleator Moor will incorporate a range of health services in a new state of the art facility designed to ensure future healthcare needs are met.
Construction will start at the end of this month and will be completed by late spring 2013.
The projects will be delivered through the NHS Express LIFT programme.
Regional Managing Director for Robertson, Andy McLeod, said: “We are delighted these projects have reached financial close. Robertson has an excellent track record of successfully delivering healthcare projects throughout the North East of England and Scotland and we are very pleased to be delivering these projects in West Cumbria.”
Robertson announced their expansion plans into the North West of England last month by opening a new office at the Oldham Broadway Business Park by Junction 21 off Manchester’s M60 arterial motorway. The office will be run by Operations Manager Peter Mattimore and Business Development Manager Chris Snow.
Notes to editor:
Robertson is an infrastructure, support services and construction group.
There are currently ten Robertson business units directly employing over 1100 people throughout the UK.
The Robertson businesses include:
• a capital projects company which is a specialist project management and investment company dedicated to providing long term accommodation solutions using a range of industry procurement initiatives including private finance and framework arrangements
• a facilities management company specializing in public and private sector partnerships
• a timber engineering business that creates sustainable building solutions for social housing and multi-occupancy buildings
• five regionally-based construction companies
• a property development company
• the house-builder Robertson Homes
Robertson was established in Elgin, Moray in 1966 by Executive Chairman Bill Robertson