Media Relations: e-Gen Partners Ltd
£50 million investment in e-Gen Partners Ltd
For this one-week campaign, Pagoda was tasked with:
• Publicising a £50 million investment by Rockfield Energy in small-scale wind developers, e-Gen
• Raising e-Gen’s profile among prospective partners (landowners, farmers, etc) to generate new business enquiries and put the company firmly on the map.
What we did:
• Briefed Scottish Government special advisors, resulting in First Minister Alex Salmond mentioning e-Gen in his closing speech to the Low Carbon Investment Conference, to an international audience of 450 investors, politicians and journalists.
• Secured an endorsement quote from Scottish Renewables CEO for the media release.
• Placed an exclusive story with The Financial Times.
• Coverage on BBC Radio’s Good Morning Scotland, in five national newspapers, Scotland’s best-selling regional papers (Press & Journal, The Courier), and 12 local papers in target areas
• Nearly 30 online pieces including Farmers Weekly, Business Green, Farmers Guardian, Farming Monthly
• The story also became a “tweetmeme”, which means it was one of the most popular (most re-tweeted) stories on Twitter.
• The total estimated Return on Investment for the articles in Financial Times, Herald, Scotsman, Business7, Courier and Press & Journal alone, is 40:1 (coverage worth £40 generated from every £1 invested).